Monday, October 3, 2011

The bet

Okay, here's the bet. If the Penguins win, MelTing will write a short story about one of these Penguins players:  Dustin Jeffrey, Ben Lovejoy, Matt Niskanen or Kris Letang. If the Canucks win, Jay will write a short story about one of these Canucks players:  Aaron Volpatti, Victor Orekovich, or Alex Edler. The author gets to choose which player she wants to write about, but feel free to comment on your personal choice.

So on Thursday, may the best team win!

P.S. After Tephywashere's comment, I spent the night rethinking my choices, after all I obviously left my scruples at the door when I started writing ff. If it was any player, I'd choose the ones with a sense of humour: Keith Ballard, Alex Burrows or Kevin Bieksa.  So my new player choice is: anyone!  Jay can watch the game and choose whatever player catches her fancy, if of course, the Canucks win.

6 comments:

  1. I love your bets...We, as the readers, always win! Can't we get a bit of Alex Burrows love? but not gonna matter cuz Pens gonna win...Then I would like to see a Ben Lovejoy story...something different...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Jay's such a good writer, she can basically pick any Canuck she wants,and I'd be happy. I try to avoid married guys but since I already chose Kesler before, that rule was already out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your bets...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total freedom?! Dun dun dun....

    I'm very excited to see the outcome of our bet, but most of all, I'm super excited for the official start of the hockey season!

    I'm going to try to not get my hopes up that I'll win this time, but I've got my fingers crossed! Is it too late to request instead a sequel to Fresh Air?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sequels mean wrecking the happy ending. I will think about it and if a great idea arises...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, Mel, it was a joke. Kind of. I don't want to ruin perfection by adding a sequel to a perfectly good story (unless you think of something really really good!). After all, isn't that where Hollywood always goes wrong?

    ReplyDelete