Friday, January 20, 2012

Quickies Story Index


The Quickies blog began when Jay and MelTing started betting on Penguins/Canucks games, the losing team’s supporter had to write a short story about the winning team. The score so far: Pens 2, Canucks 0. Still Jay has been nice enough to write two Canucks stories anyway. And the blog has evolved as a place to put all our short stories and writing experiments, because it's fun to write about characters or ideas you might not want to live with for a long fiction.
I wanted to organize all the stories on this blog, so you could pick and choose or read them in order, but when I tried to write summaries, everything sounded more like cheesy Harlequin Romances than hockey fiction. So I embraced the cheesiness.

And remember, we love your comments, even after a story is done. Who knows, they might inspire or motivate us to write the next story!



Fresh Air by MelTing

A Pittsburgh defenseman goes out to buy a quart of milk, but instead finds a tiny kitten, and the possibility of….love.




Traded from the Pens to the Dallas Stars, Alex is lonely in the Lone Star State but it’s Georgiana’s job to make him feel right at home.




Vancouver photographer Amanda finds out that the mountains and ocean are not the only things that look picture perfect, when she’s asked to shoot fitness apparel endorsed by a certain underdressed hockey player.




Dr. Reneé Carlyle knows a lot about hockey and hardship, but will members of the embattled Vancouver Canucks take her advice?



Valley of Gold by MelTing

Angela is a young mom who seems to have it all, but when she finds her old diary, will her perfect world come apart?




Amber has a hard time saying "no" when it comes to doing the right thing, and James Neal learns that there's nothing wrong with having to ask for help when he really needs it.

12 comments:

  1. Did I just read that correctly........... Frankie!!!!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get more Frankie and Drew?!? wawaweewa.
    Well, I guess not so much Drew since Frankie's in Europe? Still, I'm excited.
    Can you write a quickie for KT&PD too? Pleeeease.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie's back YAY!!!! Hello Euro-Pop references!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you embraced the cheesiness...

    Frankie, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No kidding....Frankie's back?!!

    I am lovin' this.

    Van Fan

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I didn't realize the next "surprise" story was about Frankie!!!! That makes me want to read it even more. You have no idea. Greetings from Sverige :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot, what enthusiasm! Better get started, see you tomorrow.

    @Saf, maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait... Start posting already!!!! (is that enough of encouragement for you?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did MelTing make her other stories private?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I found my content was getting ripped off by random sites in Israel and China, so I took them down altogether. They're not private, they're completely down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, no, Melting - that is horrible! I felt like reading a little Toews after the game tonight, (in honor of his return to the ice) clicked the link to I Only Sleep with Hockey Players and got the private message. Then I checked your other story and saw the same thing. Having your content ripped off explains why you took them down. I'm sorry this happened to you and you had to remove your stories. Please let me know if you post them somewhere else in the future, they are two of my favorites and I don't want to admit how many times I've read them. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's so sweet. Thanks and I will let you know if I find a way to repost, there's an idea I've been discussing with EleaStories, so you never know!

      Delete